Well I have finally figured out my password and I'm ready to start writing. :) Oh how I have missed how fast it is to capture my feelings. Writing with pen and paper just isn't that quick.
Anyways, I have just finished serving an LDS mission in Guatemala. It was the best experience of my life. While I was gone my mother kept up my blog for the most part. But now I am back and ready for life. It has been one whole week since I have returned and I think that I am adjusting very well. Haha. I don't know if others think I am weird or not but I feel like I should be here. I do not feel out of place or lost. The only thing is that I am a bit more shy than when I left for my mission. However I think that will go away once I get a social life again. :)
Just as expected, life has changed. While away everything stood still for me. My baby brother was always smaller than me, my one nephew could talk, my sister didn't want a family, and my baby sister wasn't driving. And now... Munchkin is 6'2" and growing. But he isn't just tall he is also thickening out. Bob (my baby sister) is now a driver and a Jr in High School. Nut (sister that is after me) is married and loving life. Flip (the 4th sister) is getting married in a week and three days. Wendell (oldest sister) has another son and the first is talking so much! The family is growing and progressing. :)
As for me.... There are moments in which I miss Guatemala SO MUCH. I think of how happy and simple life was there. I think of my investigators and converts. The friends that I made both missionaries and members. I think of the warm weather that I love and the GORGEOUS nature scenes I witnessed. I think of the knowledge of know what I would be doing for the day and the following week. I think of my companions and how much I grew to love them and rely on them. I miss it all!! It was an amazing experience and I will cherish it for the rest of my life.
Although I miss it, I am so glad to be home. There is so much that has changed that it brings excitement to life. I am a different person than I was before. I don't have the same contacts and friends. Some have stuck around and for them I am very grateful. I see things in a new way and I love it. Home is sweet and I know that I am supposed to be here. I know that life is going to start up real soon and I am looking forward to it!! I hope you have enjoyed life and keep enjoying it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment