Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not really whole

One of the things about weddings is that they really change lives. Many think of the obvious ways. For example, the bride and groom are officially together with nothing to separate them. The families of each gained a new son, daughter, brother, sister. You know, the obvious. But as I help my sister prepare for her wedding, I have realized the change it made in me. When I was a little girl a wedding meant that I got to see extended family and eat good food. I also got to see a beautiful bride. As a teen I started to dream about my own wedding but it wasn't something that would happen soon. Then my older sister got married and I thought... "Man, maybe I'm next!" And it really made me wonder if I was ready. Well, time passed, my missionary came home, and I left on my mission. While I was gone, my sister got married. Although I wasn't present, I changed. I realized how much I loved spending time with my family. I really wanted to be there helping and creating memories. I missed my family. But I was comforted by what I was doing... Serving the Lord. So that brings us to the most recent wedding... I have been feeling a little left out. I know that everyone finds their eternal companion in the time of the Lord, but I always thought that I would get married before my younger sisters. I am so so happy for them and they are so cute with their husbands! However, I can't help but feel that I am far from whole. I can hardly wait to at least meet him. Whoever he is. I want to feel like he is my other half. I have yet to feel that about a guy. But I really don't want to wait a long time. Patience is the only remedy to these feelings and I know that I can trust in my Savior to help me. I can't wait until I am finally whole!!!! :)

No comments: