Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Live and Let Live.

Have you ever really thought about this saying? To be completely honest, I haven't. But as I opened up this new post, it came into my head and I think it pertains to my thoughts very well. I am learning, right now, how to accept answers from the Lord. For some reason, I always try to tell Him what should happen in my life, who should stay in my life, or anything similar. In the last few days, I learned a lesson on relationships that I never thought I would learn. That is another thing I was trying to tell the Lord- what lessons I should learn. I'm learning that even though I want everyone that has been important to me to stay in my life, I need to let people go. I have been able to do that with almost everyone in my life. However, I have recently had a change in one of my relationships. I saw it coming weeks ago but I ignored the signs. I tried to force it to go my way... That doesn't work, FYI. Yesterday, I talked it out with my friend. I let what needed to be said out and listened to what needed to be said as well. After the conversation, I was throwing a fit. Not physically, or even emotionally. It was all in my head and I didn't realizes that I was resisting the answers the Lord gave me. I was kicking and screaming and wanted my way. Now is when I realized that I need to LIVE my life and LET my friends LIVE theirs. No Matter What. People change and grow and separate. It doesn't matter what I want. Heavenly Father always knows better! Sometimes the lessons I need to learn hurt, but that makes them even more important for me to learn. A word of advice, don't try to tell God how to run the world!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I often catch myself telling the Lord what lessons I need to learn...bad idea. :) He'll teach you what you need to learn.