Monday, April 19, 2010

Understanding...

I don't think many people understand the way I think. I might know why but let me list a few reasons.

#1 If a boyfriend forgot my birthday, didn't notice a simple haircut, etc. I wouldn't get mad. I would want to go out afterwards, or see what they think, but I understand life can be hectic so what's the big deal about forgetting or not seeing??

#2 I wouldn't care if my best friend played a game, hung out, with my boyfriend while I was doing something else in the same place. I would trust both of them to act like adults and not ruin anything.

#3 I think of all the optimistic outcomes of a situation, while others think of the more "realistic" outcomes.

#4 I want to be FRIENDS with everyone I have ever made a connection with. I don't care if we hung out, casually dated, seriously dated, dated each others ex's, or just barely made a connection. I love getting to know people and would love to be close with all the important people that have touched my life. Most people think that once something is over, all contact must be severed. I think that is a sad look on life.

#5 I want to be told upfront and bluntly about what I am doing wrong so that I can fix it. If someone is annoyed or mad at me, how can I change that without knowing what I did wrong? I don't want to hear what the other person thinks would please me. Tell me how it is!! Pretty simple.

I don't know if these are things that are different for a lot of people, but they are different from many of those I have been privileged to meet. I recently had a conversation with V. (It turns out she has been neglecting mostly everyone. :) I guess that is what happens when you fall in love. Ha ha.) Anyways, the conversation was about what guys say to girls. Her thoughts on the subject are that all guys tell you what they think will win you over, until you find your future husband. Then it's legit. As we talked, she said things that hadn't even crossed my mind. They are very realistic possibilities to the situation that was the source of the conversation. However, I was thinking much more positive. Things weren't as bad in my mind. Maybe I am being way overly-optimistic and setting myself up for future hurt, but I can't stand thinking that it is so bleak!! Most of what was said can only be brought to light with time. Who knows, maybe I'm right?!!

No comments: