Hey everyone!!
I hope everyone is doing great! Today I have been on my mission for 7 months. Crazy!! I feel like it has been so fast and so slow at the same time. So I thought I would tell you what a normal day in my planner looks like. And just so you know, I could NOT live without my planner. Hahaha. I left it at a members house one night and the next morning I felt completely lost!!!! Hahahaha.
6:30 I wake up. I am going to start getting up a little earlier though to write in my journal. I always fall asleep when I write at night. Hahaha. But I do some exercises. (my comp hates working out hahaha) Ususally abs and arm workouts.
7:00 I get my clothes picked out and ironed and my comp gets in the shower.
7:30 if my comp is done I shower if not(usually isn't) I study personally for an hour.
8:30 I shower and get ready for the day.
9:00 We study as companions- plan what we are teaching for the day and Missionary handbook.
10:00-1:00 we leave. We have people to visit for every hour of the day. Sometimes it is a set appointment sometimes we just stop by. If the first person isn't home we have back up plans.
1:00-3:00 Lunch and an hour of language study
3:00-8:00 We are visiting, teaching and finding people. We don't have set hours to tract, or knock on doors. The best way to find new investigators is through references from members. We talk to people on the street as we go from one house to the next but we need to always have a plan or a place to go. It is not an effective plan to just say "we are going to knock on doors for an hour or two". Specific plans are the best thing in the world!!!
So that is a normal day for me. Then Tuesdfay and Thursday we have meetings with the district and for planning for the entire week. But that is usually between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm.
So I read and had a lesson in relief society about the conference talk "courageous Parenting" (Liahona Pg 98) and it totally made me think of Mom and Dad. They are so on the right path with the Lord. Everything (almost) in the message is what my parents do!! Thanks!! It hit me yesterday the signifacanse of eternal families. I am so so grateful that I will always be with my daddy and mommy for all eternity. Not to mention my own family in the future!!
Well I gotta go!!
Love you all!!
Hna. Pelaez
No comments:
Post a Comment