Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sisters

The last few days, I have had the wonderful opportunity of watching my cute little nephew, Beau. (who by the way is 10 months old today!) It has really gotten me thinking about Wendy and my siblings. It still seems very crazy to me that little Wendy is a wife and mom. Its not that she shouldn't be because she is amazing at both "jobs". Its just that in some ways I've felt older than her. Anyone that knows Wendy, will understand what I mean when I say that she is such a kid at heart. To me, I have always been watching out for her. She is so gullible sometimes and extremely innocent. I love her to death and will always think of her as my little (not younger) sister.

I also love being an older sister to my younger sisters. Since I have been living at home I have sort of stepped into some of the roles my mom held for me. One of these roles is helping with homework. When I was in elementary, jr. high, and high school my mom would stay up with me
no matter how late. Now I have taken on the role of homework helper! I have stayed up late helping Melissa with her doing her A, B, and C level assignments for Arnolds class. I help Sariah with her science and math. It is interesting seeing how much they have grown. I remember doing the assignments they have but the thing is that sometimes I forget the concept behind them. I usually have to read the book or have my sisters explain what they are learning in order to help.

I love helping my sisters and being home with them. I have learned a lot as well. I hope I can carry what I have learned to my life as a mom. Love you girls!!! :)

No comments: