Hi There,
How is everyone? I am doing great. I can feel myself changing so much lately. I got to thinking that if I am still changing so much at the end of my mission then I must need more time. Hahah I know that I will not learn everything I need to learn here on my mission but I feel like the learning environment is so much better here. I would love for all of you guys to move done here. With all of the things about Utah... hahah. Like the four different seasons and being dry.
So this last week it has rained everyday. Now that isn't very unusual minus the fact the I have only seen the sun once in the last 6 days. If it keeps going then tomorrow will be the week mark of the claouds being out It has been a fun experience. I have waited for this time since I got on my mission. I had to wait a whole year to be able to experience this. It is neat. I am learning how fast things will get mold on them and how fast fruit ripens in the humidity. But one down side... Our house does not do well in the rain. We have started to slowly move all of our things into the very first room because any farth back and mold will grow within days. Me will be looking at a new house on Tuesday to move into it. I am so excited. It looks quite nice from the outside. I'll keep you update. With all this rain I was able to buy a new umbrella before it started... But... I broke it. This time it wasn't because the umbrella was bad. It was totally my fault that the tip got bent pretty bad. I thought that if I just had Dad's soldering kit I would be able to fix it. But I just tried some ducktape that my companion has. Haha It didn't last long. I am debating whether or not to buy a new one.. Hahaha.
So this week I have realized the importance of Church attendance. It my other areas it hadn't been the biggest challenge to bring investigators to church. But here it is a bit more of a challenge. I got to thinking abou the Sabbath Day and all the reasons we go to church and glorify this day. I realized that without this day we would make it easy to forget about our God. Then we start to fall like the Lamanites did in the Book of Mormon. Even if we don't do all that we can to glorify this day; if we just sleep or think about homework or change into our weekly clothes, then we are not serving the Lord how He has asked us to do it. We are thinking of the world. And when we got baptised we promised to be ''witnesses of God at all times, in all things, and in all places'' Mosiah 18:9-10. That means that we serve Him with all our ''heart, might, mind and strength'' D&C 4:2. I hope that all of you can remember your baptismal covenants. I know that before my mission I didn't. And now I have learned. I pray for all of you and love you all.
Love,
Hna Pelaez
P.S. Hna Ruiz finished her mission on Wednesday... I was able to go and say my good byes. She was strong and powerful in her testimony. I will miss her... We took our ''Family Pic'' before she left. I love her tons.
I also made her a homemade wallet. Hahaha. It was pretty good. I would have done better with a sewing machine. hahaha.
I wore my boots for the second time in my mission... it hardly rained that day. hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment