Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sept. 19

Hey all,

How are you guys doing?? I hope that you are all doing good. I wanted to send you pictures today but I lost a flash drive that had my pictures on it. My pictures have taken quite a few hits these last few months... I have realized that I am not so good at remembering everything I have. I remember my investigators and people but I don't seem to remember objects very well... It is an odd feeling. But the pics I had on the memory were pics that I have here on my emails to I will have them when I get home!! :)

So this week I was able to go and have a lunch with the President. It was fun but the only thing I didn't like was that I had left my companion iwth two other sisters in my zone and I went on the bus for an hour ALL BY MYSELF!!! I was with four Elders but NO sisters!! I was super nervous when we first started to go. When I arrived in Reu, where the luch was, i was able to be with 3 other sisters from another zone. I was so surprised that the president would allow me to travel alone (no other sister). But I survived. Hahaha. It was a good time. However, during the time that I was in Reu I was only destracted from the work for an hour or two (I spent the whole day there) and then the rest of the time I was thinking about my companion or the investigators we need to visit and all that. It was a pretty long day. I was happy to come back and be with my companion again!!! It helped me realize how much I love what I do!!! It might be good to have a "free" day every once in a while but now I can't imagine life without preaching, walking, contacting, worrying, etc. I don't remember how I lived without being a missionary... I know that this time will end but I really would rather that Utah move to Guatemala!!! What do you guys think?? Hahaha. Can we do it?? PLEASE!!! Hahaha.

So I was realizing that I am different than before... I don't really have the words to describe my changes. But I started with one thing... I KNOW without a doubt that we are in the truth. I KNOW that God loves me and each person I know and don't know!!! I KNOW that He hears and answers my prayers. He has shown me my weaknesses. A few of them have been made strong by Him but I know that I am so very weak in MANY parts of my life. When I first started to realize how weak I really am I started to feel sad. Unable, Weak. I almost felt like giving up. I do not like feeling weak. I am sure you all know that I pride myself in being a strong person (not just physically but emotionally and such). I do not like to show my weaknesses. But with seeing how many I have, I am so humbled that the Lord as allowed someone as weak as me to be an instrument in His hands. I know that ALL things are possible but only if I give all my sins, dreams, desires, hopes, weaknesses, strengths, thoughts, EVERYTHING, to Him. That is when I will see the greatest miracles. The small tender mercies of the Lord. I hope and pray that each of you are well, safe in the arms of the Lord. If you are finding life to be difficult, I ask that you give it all to the Lord. He with make it easier "for His yoke is light and burden easy". I love you all. But more importantly God loves you!!!! He is waiting to make life easier for you. Just give your life to Him. He is there!! I promise. I testify with all of my heart!! God gives us weaknesses so that we cna be MADE strong. Only HE can make us strong.

I love you all!!

My prayers are with you!!

Hna Pelaez

No comments: