Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sept. 5

Hello,

How are you all doing?? I am doing wonderful!!!! I have a new companion this week. (Pics next week.) She is from Arizona and half-Native-American. Her name is Hna Willie. She knows Navajo!! So I am teaching her Spanish and she is teaching me a bit of Navajo. I love the energy and excitement that she brings to the mission field. We work hard and are super close already. The first day I was with her I had a headache when we got to the house at night. If you have never tried thinking in two different languages you should try it. hahaha. I have spent the last few days speaking in Spanish but translating everything my comp doesn't know into English. I love it. It has helped me to see the huge blessing that I have in my life. I don't know if you remember when I said that I wanted to forget English. Well, it has started!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Hna Willie askes me what something means sometimes I can't give her the word. I have to give her an example and then she will be like "OOOHHH.... It is ... this word." Hahahaha. I love it. But she has already improved SO Much already!! It is great have someone that is fresh from the MTC/CCM because then everything goes back to like the beginning of the mission. I realized that Human beings have a tendance to get into a "comfort zone" once they have a routine. I know that the Lord's work is not meant to be done be robots. In a few aspects of the work I had become a robot. I just did (didn't do) things that I always did. But I have found that the basics that we learn in the MTC are SO true. It is like volleyball... without the basics you can't work with the big moves. I love this chance I have to help Hna Willie learn Spanish. I am learning so much about missionary work from her. Once she masters the language she will be training me!!!! I can't wait!

That is the biggest news for the week. If you have any questions, let me know!!!!

Love you all!!

Hna Pelaez

No comments: