Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Stand All Amazed!!

Well life has a tendency to go faster than you have time to realize. :)  So much has happened in only a few weeks and it has left me with NO time to write it all down.  I feel guilt each time I think about how I haven't written in so long. Blogging is like my journal entries.  But here goes for catching up. :) All that has happened has left me standing amazed at the blessings of the Lord!

The first thing that has happened was my little nephew, Mr. Happy, turned one on the 26th of May.  He is so cute!!!

He didn't really know what was going on but he loved his balloons and all the candy that was around. I hope he always can be happy and share that kind of blessing with others!  He is such a special little one and I hopeall turns out in the best ways for him!!! 



Mr. Happy is just a light to all!


He brought us all together and the boys were even able to play a little ball!! :) It was fun being able to see them play!


And I have to admit.... Bubby really is a baller!!  :)  Haha.  I love watching him play!


They even talked us girls into playing!  Haha the only thing was that none of us were expecting to play.  So the game wasn't too exciting. :)

Then the summer holidays began with Memorial Day!


The weekend started out with me having the opportunity of meeting a couple of Bubby's mission companions.  It was also the first time that I was able to go to the movies with my man!  It was fun but it made me realize how grateful I was for the relationship I have with him!  We are not big movie buffs and so we have been able to build our relationship through interactive dates like sports and family get togethers! :)  I just love him!


It was fun to be with Bubby and his family.  It was the first year that I had gone to visit graves.  I enjoyed hearing all the stories and getting to know the family better!  I love knowing that I will be able to see and meet all of my family and his family one day!  The gospel in amazing!!!


I drove down to meet Bubby at his house so I was driving and he brought his car up to my house so that I wouldn't have to drive him back!  He is so sweet and cares for me!


But that meant that I got to follow him up! Hahaha.

The week following Memorial Day was a fun one for me.  I was able to be part of the Open National Volleyball Tournament. :D


My sister, Nut also played! It was so great seeing her play!  She was on a team that was a team of college players and they did well. :)


It was such a fun tournament and we were able to watch all different kinds of teams!  There were men's and women's all the way up to 75 years old!  And teams from Brazil, Venezuela, and else where. :)  It was impressive and I hope I am like these teams of old ladies when I am that age!


I had a great time!!  It took me a little time to get into the swing of things though.  It was the first tournament I had played in since before my mission.  I am pretty happy with how I improved as the games went on!
  

I was also so lucky to have Bubby there to watch for most of my games!!  He is such a big supporter of everything I do and I love him even more for that!


I loved being able to be part of this tournament with my sister!


Nut's team did great!!!!!  They took second over all in their division.  They were also in the top division!


My sister was so great!!  She got named to the all-tournament team!  Only six players were named to the team!  Congrats Nut!!


I feel so blessed to be able to play and have fun in this great sport!

Next was the birthday of my hero, Dad!!!  He is so great!  And getting old!  I don't think of him as old as he really is though.  I have met many his same age that can't do half of what my daddy does!  What a special blessing to have him in my life!



I just love this man!!  Thanks for being the best dad in the world! :D  Love you!

I know I'm moving through each event fast but this is a LONG post!!  So I am just so sorry!!  These are just the things that have been happening and the things that God blesses me with that leave me amazed!


Now this picture has a story behind it.  We took it on our way from Bubby's family reunion heading to mine. If you notice my earrings have three little jewels on each side.... Look at the pictures ahead...


So while Bubby was getting introduced to all my great aunts....


I was taking pictures with one of my favorite great aunts!  But now... notice my earrings...  I am missing one of the three jewels...  And the hunt for the missing piece began....


We started looking in his car and of course had to stop for a quick picture! :)  The search went on.  Bubby looked and looked.  I looked and then started getting food for Bubby and I before it was gone.  Then I had him come over for a break.  We decided to say a prayer together asking for help finding my earring.


Although it was something so small, we witnessed a small miracle as Bubby looked up from his lunch plate and spotted my small earring piece from afar!!  What faith he showed and we witnessed God answering our prayer!  What a great experience!

After the family reunion I was able to watch Munchkin in a basketball tournament!!


He played so great!!!  I am very proud of how quickly he is improving on his new team!!  All he needed was a coach that believed in him! :)


Munchkin and his team took first with an undefeated record!  Way to go Munchkin!!!!  :)  I am so proud of him!  Love you tons, little brother!



No comments: