So I looked back at my previous blogs and I realized something. I have got to be boring anyone that reads this to tears. So instead of my usual topic, I will talk about something totally different. I would like to share something that I learned in the last couple weeks. A few weeks ago I started asking my parents a bunch of questions about prayer and getting answers to those prayers. I started thinking about times when I had the Spirit tell me to turn down this road or leave this place. I was looking for those little promptings that I was sure every other person was having. I couldn't think of any time that the Lord had told me to do something very specific in order to stay safe. I was thinking that I am obviously not spiritual enough. I wanted those small moments of divine revelation. But slowly, after talking with my parents and even my bishop, I came to the realization that I just might not NEED what I WANT. Maybe the reason I don't think I get those kind of revelation is because I don't need that kind of guidance. I started thinking about prayers that have been answered. I know that the Lord hears and answers EVERY prayer. Just because I am not answered in the way that I think I should be doesn't mean I am not answered. My Father in Heaven knows me better than I know myself. He knows what is the best way to answer my prayers.
My mom challenged me to start writing in a journal all the "Tender Mercies of the Lord". So now I have a cute little notebook that I try to write in every night. I am starting to see all the little things that I am blessed with each and every day! God truly has His hand in all parts of my life!! I am so grateful to know that He will always be there for me. I know that He loves and cares for me! And I will work my hardest to be able to feel His Spirit in my life every day! With each prayer that I ask and receive an answer for, I feel the power of the Lord. I know that I have only felt a very small portion of the power that can come from the Lord. He has so much unknown power. One day I will know of all that power. I will strive to return to my Father in Heaven so that He can teach me of that magnificent power!
1 comment:
I used to think that about me too. I felt like everyone else was having spiritual experiences but me. Then I realized that I just don't realize when I'm having them. I remember back to the summer before Snow, a guy I really really liked ended things with me and it was really hard for me. I prayed every night about it, begging Heavenly Father help me to strong and be okay. One night, one of my first nights in Ephraim I had the stongest feeling of peace and I just knew everything was going to work out just fine I just had to patient. It was the strongest feeling I have ever had and it was then that I accepted the guy breaking things off and decided not to worry about that. Then, a week later I met Joe, and a month and half later we started dating. :) Sorry that was really long, I just felt like sharing that. Love you Mel!
Post a Comment