Thursday, February 11, 2010
A True Friend
Have you learned what it is to be a true friend? I know that I haven't... I think that there are multiple parts to being a true friend. One that I have learned recently may have cost me the once-in-a-lifetime friendship I have/had with V. This lesson is summed up with the word loyalty. This is a HUGE part of any good relationship. Unfortunately, I have struggled with this concept. As I think about it, this has probably been my problem for years and years. I am not really close to many people, and I think it is because I don't feel like I owe any sort of loyalty to them. I do as I please most of the time. And although I don't think I have done anything of this magnitude before, I can think of things I have done to push myself away from others. I can't begin to describe how difficult I have made my life and I'm not writing this for pity or sympathy. I have learned a hard lesson. The trial of my consequences will be long and very hard, but I hold to my faith that everything will be made well again through the Living Christ. If He sees fit to keep me and V together, then it will happen and I will be overjoyed. If He sees fit to separate us, I will pick myself up from the fall and learn from my massive mistake. Slowly, but surely, I will become a true friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry your going through a tough time. Sometimes the people we hurt the most are the people we love the most. I hope you guys can ge past it, I'm here for you if you wanna talk!
Post a Comment