Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Devyn

I absolutely love my job. My time is usually spent at work or at home. When I am home, it is usually by myself and for this reason I enjoy work even more. Devyn is so adorable! He really is one of the best 2 year olds I have ever met. (I've met a lot because I work in the nursery) He loves to run and play, but he also listens very well. I bring him to my house sometimes and he absolutely loves it!! Its hard to get him home because he loves playing with Daniel and Sariah. He also loves my dad! I think its mostly because his dad and grandpa are a lot like him.

He really likes pictures as well. Not only does he like to be in them but he likes to take them. And since I am with him, I am usually the subject. I am surprised at how well he takes pictures. I expect to see only half of me when I check but, like this picture to the left, he gets all of me in it!!

He is quite the photogenic little boy. He likes to make faces and give huge cheesy smiles. Its a ton of fun and I am so happy to have such a wonerful job!! He is pretty outgoing most of the time. But when he meets people for the first time it takes him a little time to warm up to them. I have taken him to church with me and with all the new people coming over to ask about him, he becomes extremely shy. It is so cute though. If I am holding him then he just hugs me and looks the other way. If he is standing then he will hide behind my legs. It is the most adorable thing ever!! When I have him out in public I can't help but wonder if people think he is mine. I had stake conference this last Sunday, I wonder if those that know of me (but not really me) think that I had a kid. I mean he definitely doesn't look like me but you never know.

Occasionally, Devyn will act a bit silly. At these times he will call me "Mommy". My response is 'I'm not mommy.' and he just laughs and says "Yes you are.' This normally only happens every once in a while and when its just me and him. But on Sunday, I was leaving his house and his mom was right there giving him a hug. I said goodbye and he turned and said "No, Mommy, don't go." I was horrified. I didn't know what to say so I just kept walking and acted like I didn't hear. I felt so bad because his mom was like "That's Melody. I'm Mommy." The door shut and I didn't hear the rest but oh man I felt bad! I hope it doesn't happen again...

No comments: