Monday, February 2, 2009

Missionaries

Well the weekend has come to a halt. We had the English speaking missionaries over for dinner today. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy having the missionaries at our house. After dinner, they gave us a short lesson on how we, as members, can better help with missionary work. I now have a few more things to do this week. In the middle of their lesson we had more visitors come by... It was more missionaries. This time it was the Spanish speaking missionaries. We had a lot of good people there at once.


Whenever I see or am around missionaries I think of Brazil. Those of you that are married or have found "the one", you will better understand me. Tim is constantly in my heart and thoughts. I have thought of him everyday for the longest time. I would say since he left for his mission but that isn't entirely true. I've thought of him way before that. I don't know if he is the same way and to be honest I hope not. The reason being is that he is on his mission. I have talked to other girls that have missionaries out and at times I feel myself getting envious. They usually have stories about how they have gotten packages and how they were able to talk on the phone during Christmas or Mother's Day. And I am so so happy and excited for them. I, however, am not so lucky. It seems like the post office is out to get me!! At first, I would get letters on a regular basis. But then the periods between letters got longer and longer. Now I go months before I get anything. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew it was because he has been so busy with the work to send them but I know (though his sister) that he writes every week... So I don't know where the letters have gone to. I always hope that one day a big bunch of them will come!!! One day soon (keep your fingers crossed). He also isn't allowed to email me. I don't really mind this part because I love getting hand written letters. I do hear from him through his family, though. I am lucky in one way because his mom forwards the family emails to me.
There are so many wonderful traits he has. One of those traits is always always following the rules... This really is a great trait but there was one time that I wish he wasn't so strict with himself. Christmas! His mission president had said that Tim could talk to me has long as he didn't find out. Well Tim being so wonderful decided it was best not to talk to me. That wasn't the only reason though. He also told his mom that if he were to talk to me that he would not have been able to just say hi and talk for a minute. And that he would have a very hard time focusing on the work afterwards. Although I really really wanted to talk to him, I couldn't be more proud of him!!! He is such a wonderful example to me. Because of his willingness to obey, he has been blessed beyond messure. I love him very much!!! He is the biggest source of strength in my life! Keep working hard and staying strong, my Elder!



Tim loves serving in Porto Alegre Brazil. He is totally and completely focused on the Lord's work! He has had quite a few baptisms during his first 11 months and with 13 more months to go, I am sure he will continue to find the Elect of God!! Here is a picture of him, his companion, and the other companionship they live with. He didn't give any names but he is the furthest on the right!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your so whipped, goodbye melody :) It's a good thing though

Jessika and Chris said...

Ok I just had to comment on this too! I am really glad that Tim is so obedient that is a very important and amazing trait. That is how JT is too, i just think his mission pres is a little less strict. Yahoo for BRAZIL and for our amazing missionaries who we LOVE. P.s. We can be couple friends and our men can talk Portuguese all they want!